We are proud to Introduce our 2022-2023
“Student Leadership in Global Oral Health” Application is Now Live!
Introduction: The purpose of this initiative is to build a group of young leaders globally that will apply innovative thought processes and actions throughout their careers to address the challenges for oral health improvement. We trust that the continued development of these leaders will provide exponential growth for global access to optimum oral health as they enter the workforce. By building sustainable projects and supporting the implementation of preventive oral health systems, we will begin a movement to reduce the burden of global oral disease in many regions that do not have access to proper care.
General information about the course:
- The course will be taught in English. You will need to be fluent in English to get the most out of the experience.
- Each required lecture webinar will be one and a half hours and taught on the first Wednesday of each month at 12PM Eastern, beginning September 7th, 2022.
- There will be a required one hour “office hours” session on the third Wednesday of each month for review of the webinar and individual project work. Attendees will be divided into small groups and mentored with dedicated leaders in the oral healthcare industry.
- Webinars and discussion sessions are provided on a scholarship basis to all accepted in the course.
- There will be an “in person” part of the initiative that will occur in Denver, Colorado on May 4-7, 2023. Scholarships to attend will be available for students with the most impactful projects. Attendance at this part of the program is NOT required to obtain a Certificate of Course Completion.
Deadline: August 10, 2022
2021 – 2022
“Student Leadership in Global Oral Health” Program
Dr. Matt Holder, AOHAB Board Member and Past President of AADMD and
Dr. Cesar Sabates, President of ADA give inspiring presentations.
“Student Leadership in Global Oral Health” Committee
- Dr. Shukla Amubhuti
- Dr. Marion Bergman
- Mr. Khalid Elachi
- Dr. Joseph Greenberg
- Dr. Linda Greenwall
- Dr. Bert Hughes
- Dr. Steve Perlman
- Dr. Holli Seabury
- Dr. Shaimaa Shihab
- Dr. Jeffrey Steele
- Dr. Tessa Waldhart
- Dr. Deborah Weisfuse
- Dr. Darren Weiss