Chairman: Dr. Linda Greenwall
Dr. Marion Bergman
Mr. Khalid Elachi
Dr. Yael Houri Hadad
Dr. Bert Hughes
Dr. Steve Perlman
Dr. Deborah Weisfuse
Dr. Darren Weiss
We are proud to Introduce our “Leadership in Global Health Initiative”!
Introduction: With this initiative, the Alliance for Oral Health Across Borders has developed a new approach to stimulating global health projects that are built for sustainability. We hope through implementation of this project to begin to reduce the burden of global oral disease in many regions that do not have access to proper care. We will build a growing group of young leaders globally that will continue to apply innovative thought processes and actions throughout their careers to the problem of global oral health similar to those we promote in our parent organization, yet in a “hands on” fashion. It is our intent that continued development of these young leaders will begin to provide a movement that creates exponential growth in access to optimal oral health for underserved groups. We intend that our AOHAB “Leadership in Global Health Initiative” will influence the public health sector to see how it can succeed in prioritization of all underserved populations for better oral health care. We will also demonstrate that a multidisciplinary and a multi-stakeholder approach are both necessary to achieve our goals. We hope to enable our graduates to move forward with their vision, improve conditions within their own communities, and thus increase access to oral health and thus general health in their regions.
General information about the course:
1. The course will be taught in English. You will need to be fluent in English to get the most out of the experience.
2. Each module will be taught on the first Saturday of every month at 3PM EST for one and a half hours.
3. The attendees will be divided into 4 sections that will then meet for a 45 minute discussion for review of the module. Timing of this will be decided by each group individually.
4. A reading/listening list will be assigned for each module.
5. The virtual component of the course which consists of the modules and discussion sections are delivered to the attendees on a scholarship basis.
6. Any funding for travel or development of the individual projects is up to the attendee to develop and are not funded by the Alliance for Oral Health Across Borders.