Introduction: The purpose of this initiative is to build a group of young leaders globally that will apply innovative thought processes and actions throughout their careers to address the challenges of oral health improvement. We trust that continued development of these young leaders early in their careers will support exponential growth for access to oral health worldwide. By building sustainable projects and supporting the implementation of community based preventive oral health systems, we will begin a movement to reduce the burden of global oral disease in many regions that do not have access to proper care.
General information about the course:
- The course will be taught in English. You will need to be fluent in English to get the most out of the experience.
- Review of Harvard Tool Kit and other preparational materials before the course.
- Each required lecture webinar will be one and a half hours and taught Wednesday of each month at 12PM EDT. Schedule to be announced mid-August.
- There will be a required one hour “office hours” session on scheduled Wednesdays for review of the webinar and individual project work. Attendees will be divided into small groups and mentored with dedicated leaders in the oral healthcare industry.
- Webinars and discussion sessions are provided on a scholarship basis to all accepted in the course.
- Must have secure and reliable Wi-Fi connection.
- Must be able to obtain visa to participate in the “in person” part of the initiative that will occur June 6-9, 2024. Scholarships to attend will be available for students with the most impactful projects.
- The online component of the program is free, however, participants should consider the costs associated with applying for their visa the cost of entry to the program, which will be paid regardless of whether they are selected to attend the in-person program or not.
Click Here to View Photos, Class Schedule and Information for our “2024 Student Leadership in Global Oral Health” Program
Click Here to View Photos, Poster Submissions and Information from our “2023 Student Leadership in Global Oral Health” Program
Click Here to View Photos, Poster Submissions and Information from our “2022 Student Leadership in Global Oral Health” Program
In Partnership with:
Dr. Matt Holder, AOHAB Board Member and Past President of AADMD and
Dr. Cesar Sabates, President of ADA give inspiring presentations.