I am a qualified Uganda Dental Surgeon currently working at the Schools of Dentistry Makerere University and Uganda Christian University. I attained my BDS degree at Makerere University, Uganda. Following this, I pursued a Master in Science and a PhD at University of Bergen, Norway. My PhD study looked specifically at oral health of pregnant women and young children of the PROMISE-EBF project (ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00397150). There I worked with a rich team that had several health disciplines of diverse levels of qualification, as well as different Nationalities. This exposure, further spurred me to seek and participate in several projects with a focus on health promotion and research amongst which more recently include the following:
- Member, Alliance for Oral Health Across Borders (AOHAB )
- Member, FDI’s Vision 2030 Implementation and Monitoring Working Group
- Secretary, Institutional Review Board, Uganda Christian University (2022-2024).
- Member, Institutional Review Board, College of Veterinary Medicine, Animal Resources and Biomedical Sciences, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda. (2017 to date)
- Member, IADR, where I have had the privilege and opportunity to hold the position of Board representative for Africa/Middle East Region (2018-2021), and Chairperson, Regional Development programme
- Member, Task force, Global Oral Health Interest Group (GOHIG) (2016- 2019)
- Team Leader (Uganda), Health team Mercury Initial Assessment Project (2016-2017)