The Alliance for Oral Health Across Borders, a 501c3 organization, was created on August 3, 2011, when 41 dental schools and organizations signed a Charter with the ambitious goal of championing oral health equity for all. Since its inception, the Alliance has committed to promoting peace and well-being through oral health by building bridges among dental and health professionals around the world, especially in areas of conflict.
Today, the Alliance is committed to
achieving the following goals
- Catalyze improvements in global oral health through multidisciplinary exchanges that will support greater understanding of the issues needed to be addressed to reach this goal.
- Promote peace and well being through oral health under our Bridge to Peace initiatives.
- Develop global oral health leadership programs.
- Provide opportunities for global collaboration in multidisciplinary dental settings.
- Facilitate international research for better oral care of the underserved communities.