Fredrick Meena graduated from Dental Therapy Training School in Mbeya in 2014 as a qualified Dental Therapist. He later joined MCW Global as Oral Health Care Fellow, where he participated in the first dental outreach carried out in Songea, Tanzania, in 2014.
As an Oral Health Care Fellow and later on MC- Tanzania’s program officer based in Mbeya region, Fredrick has been working closely with visiting US dental experts, Dental Therapy School leadership and MCW Global team. Through building relationships and networks, Fredrick is placed in a unique position to help drive the MC – Tanzania plan for dental projects in the region, which includes a closer working partnership with the Dental School.
With 6 years of work experience as a program officer based in Mbeya, his roles and responsibilities include:
1. Oversight of the collaborative dental outreach program between MC – Tanzania and Dental Therapy Training School in Mbeya;
2. Participate in Dental Outreaches by overseeing and assisting with the logistics including local and regional transportation, accommodations, the arrangement of translators, meals and other miscellaneous items, as well as providing accurate and timely documentation including photos and meeting notes;
3. Monitoring of the school dental services outreach program;
4. Spearhead commemorations of World Oral Health Day in Tanga region;
5. Strengthening the relationship with stakeholders in Mbeya;
6. Report writing.
In 2018, Fredrick participated in a short advance course in dental leadership skills at Global Child Dental Fund and obtained a certificate