Alliance for Oral Health Across Borders
Let us introduce ourselves to you
Let us introduce ourselves to you!
The Alliance for Oral Health Across Borders, a 501c3 organization, was created on August 3, 2011, when 41 dental schools and organizations signed a Charter with the ambitious goal of championing oral health equity for all. Since its inception, the Alliance has committed to promoting peace and well-being through oral health by building bridges among dental and health professionals around the world, especially in areas of conflict.
Today, the Alliance is committed to
achieving the following goals
- 1Develop global oral health leadership program to catalyze change at a more rapid rate.
- 2Improve oral health by nurturing engagements among health professionals in order to develop an understanding.
- 3Develop leadership and advocacy programs to promote peace and well-being through oral health.
- 4Provide dental students and educators with opportunities for exchange.
- 5Promote peace and facilitate international collaborative research among participants of the Alliance.
The Alliance for Oral Health Across Borders is a global network of members who leverage their collective experience to identify, mentor, problem solve, enable and share innovative projects that serve people with disabilities and other underserved populations. The Alliance strives to be a catalyst for and champion of change in its mission to help achieve oral health equity for all.
The Alliance for Oral Health Across Borders is currently developing several projects which include
- Building general awareness for patients with special needs
- Encouraging innovative ongoing projects and research on oral health, mentoring those who win the $5,000 Global Alliance Award
- “Continuing Conversations” Webinar Series on timely topics, the first beginning with COVID-19
- Application for special Consultative Status with United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) which will make us only the 4th oral health organization with this status
- Continuing a “Bridge to Peace” initiative focused on special needs patients
- Expansion of our membership to collaboratively share ideas and innovations globally